From time immemorial, Egypt has enthralled its visitors with breathtaking ancient architecture and a unique culture that rivals most top tourist destinations. The Pharaohs and pyramids are the stuff of legends and add to the mystique and glamour of the land.
In the modern-day, however, partying all night in Cairo goes hand-in-hand with exploring the ancient Egyptian caves and even ancient temples. You can try scuba diving in the Red Sea, explore the white desert or even enter many Pyramids themselves. Whatever your tastes are, Egypt has something for you. You never know what will await you on a trip to this land filled with ancient mystique and youthful exuberance.
Here are some places you should consider visiting on your trip to Egypt.
- Hurghada: This is the perfect place to catch some sun and go for a relaxing and rejuvenating swim. Snorkeling and scuba diving are the main attractions here and go hand in hand with water slides in amusement parks as well. If you’re into riding as well as four wheels, you’ll find quad biking opportunities here as well. These attractions make it a family-friendly and perfect place to visit for its fun and leisure activities.
- Aswan: This city is located in South Egypt and embodies and displays Nubian culture to the fullest. It is situated close to the famous river Nile and has played a major role in the growth and sustenance of Egypt as a whole over the last few decades. This city provides an opportunity to explore smaller regions to get an understanding of the sub-cultures in the area. A relaxing vibe will greet you in this region and the warm weather is always an added bonus.
- Cairo: This city is the capital of Egypt and almost every tour begins here. In Cairo, you can pay a visit to the most iconic, historic and ancient tourist spots in the world: the Great Pyramids and the world-famous Sphinx. Explore the new-age city with spiralling lanes, iconic museums and delicious street food. The very famous Khan el-khalili market can be found here. Be prepared to bargain and battle with shop owners in this prestigious market if you want to get your fair share of souvenirs to take back home with you.
- Luxor: In ancient times, the Pharaohs considered Luxor as their capital and it served them certain spiritual purposes. This is why you can see famous ancient sites around the city as well as within the city limits. On the west bank of Luxor, you can find Deir el-Baharit, Tombs of the Nobles, the Deir el-Medina, the Valley of the Kings, the Valley of the Queens and the memorial temples of Ramses II and III. These places are all of historical and cultural significance and all of these reasons make this a must-visit in Egypt.
- Alexandria: This city was named after Alexander the Great, the famous conqueror. It is home to some Romanian and Greek-influenced ruins that are great sites to visit. The cuisine and culture make this a great place to visit.
- Egyptian Museum: It is one of the world’s greatest museum collections with a large number of exhibits. You will find the remains of King Tutankhamon and many mummy exhibits and every corner you turn, you will find amazing ancient artefacts to admire and appreciate. This place embodies ancient Egyptian culture and architecture like no other.
These were our suggestions and recommendations when it comes to places to visit in Egypt. Make sure you see what this country has to offer in terms of culture, heritage and cuisine. In our opinion, these are the three cornerstones of major experiences that Egypt has to offer. Balance your trip out and ensure that you have a great time but also stay safe; we wish you a happy journey to Egypt, the land of ancient glory and mystique.